Whereas a Registered Dietitian would analyze your food for nutrients, I walk along side you as we comb through your life to discover where you need more nourishment in all forms. I ask the questions no one has ever asked you until your truth emerges. I invite you to try this food, and then this food (here, take it) to see how it feels in your body. I invite your body to talk and promise we will listen to it.
The goals of your personalized wellness program are to radically improve your life, resolve concerns specific to you and your body and to provide you with tools for a lifetime of balance. We work on finding the right foods for your body and the other areas of your life that feed you on the deepest levels.
This unique approach provides meaningful, lasting results. Studies show that it takes at least six months for changes in your habits to become permanent changes. My six-month program is designed to gently and supportively help you transition– permanently– to more healthful habits. No willpower involved. It’s a new paradigm.
Individual Program; six months- in person or on Skype
• one hour session every other week (12 in total)
• handouts, recipes, foods-to-try, self-care products and other materials
• custom-researched resources for your specific challenges.
• a group tour of our local health food store and/or grocery store.
• access to my library of health books, cookbooks, CDs and DVDs.
• monthly health e-newsletter subscription
• loving support and guidance along your path of healing
Your Program covers…
* Setting goals
* Dealing with cravings
* Taking consistent action
* Food counseling
* Making simple lifestyle changes
* Being healthy on the road and on the go
* Improving personal relationships & communication
* Integrating new, better food into your diet
* Making better food choices at work
* Getting support from others
* Creating lasting balance
* Comfort in cooking
* Menu planning
* Having fun
Conventional dietary theories present you with food restrictions and limitations that are difficult to sustain over time. Such quick fixes do nothing to help you achieve life-long wellness nor do they bring out the body’s natural inclination toward balance. Together, we will introduce new and healthful foods and activities, gently and slowly. As you start to feel better, these habits have a natural tendency to take hold and ease out the less healthful ones.
As you become more physically fit, other areas of your life such as relationships, career and creativity start to improve. You will naturally begin to crave those foods and activities that make you feel better, and to make time in your life for those things that are truly important to you.
In our first consultation we will discuss your unique situation in depth and determine how I can help you reach your personal goals. We will be able to see if we are a good match and if this approach will work for you. Even this first session will demonstrate how a holistic, individualized approach can make a major difference in your life.