These are the people I trust and who I refer my friends and clients to for support and healing. All phone numbers are area code (207).
Acupuncture– Following a true holistic model, this form of acupuncture is not palliative (aimed at merely reducing symptoms) but is restorative, striving to treat body, mind & spirit at the same time. A trained five element practitioner uses color, sound (tone), even smell to diagnose your type; and relies heavily on pulse diagnosis to confirm and treat conditions.
- Amy Jenner– Medical Qi Gong (essentially needleless acupuncture, appropriate for children and adults)
- Contact her through Camden Whole Health at 230-1131– To listen to an interview with Amy, go here.
Ayurvedic Counseling – 5000 years of effectively redressing imbalances through constitutional diagnosis and herbal support.
- Jenna Labbé-Watson– 593-9208
- Deborah Keene-Jones — 589-4254
Energy Psychology and Reiki— Candace Green is an amazing local healing resource specializing in energy psychology techniques including EFT– an emotional clearing technique using acupressure points and meridians that has astounding efficacy in clearing emotional and physical blocks. Watch this video on EFT to understand more about it.
- Candace Green — 236-0228
Functional Medicine — an integrative approach that heals holistically
(what is Functional Medicine?)
- Dr. Scott Chaffin at Midcoast Medicine in Rockport, Maine — 236-2169
- Women to Women in Yarmouth, Maine — 800-340-5382
- True North Health Center in Falmouth, Maine- 781-4488
Massage— located in downtown Camden in our offices at the Hands of Change Holistic Center at 28 Washington Street.
- Willow Hall, LMT — 975-2771
- Nicole Recht, LMT– 236-2889
Naturopathy– Drs. Deb Moskowitz and Barb MacDonald offer holistic, integrative and complementary care for maintaining wellness as well as for deep healing. Their practice is called Wellness Designed.
- Dr. Deb Moskowitz-- 230-1131– A specialist in balancing hormones, Dr. Deb also offers functional medicine testing to uncover metabolic imbalances. To hear an interview with Dr. Deb, go here.
- Dr. Barb MacDonald– 230-1131– Dr Barb has had a career-long focus on holistic cancer healing and brings acupuncture, cranio-sacral work and herbs to her healing process. To hear an interview with Dr. Barb, go here.
Primary Health Care–
- Hope Health — 236-2201
Hope Health is a Family Health Care practice in Camden that integrates standard medical practice with complementary and alternative medicines. Brien Davis and Meredith are both Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP.)
Shamanic work and Reiki– Energetic healing and balancing, clearing of a living/work space, power animal retrieval and remote journeying are all part of Rowan Blaisdell’s work. Shamanic work is anchored in indigenous cultures all over the world, tapping into the energetic relationships that exist between all things and how we fit into that matrix.
Shiatsu–– Shiatsu is a Japanese modality somewhere between massage and acupuncture. Shiatsu can help maintain health and vitality, strengthen internal organs and prevent energy from getting blocked. It can be a great support during life transitions, such as a job change, finding a new focus on health, a divorce, an illness or finding one’s life purpose.
- Antje Roitzsch — 542-4285
Veterinary Care– Lee Herzig, D.V.M, offers integrative holistic care for your pet. He uses traditional Chinese Medicine, including acupuncture and herbs, chiropractic care, dietary and supplemental therapy. He is interested in treating the animal’s present symptoms but more importantly in promoting an overall improved state of health ultimately leading to a longer life for all of his patients.
- Full Circle Holistic Vet — 338-6700